Daily SEL Lesson – Mindset Matters
Welcome back to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
We hope that the lessons are helpful to you and your students.
Weekly Focus: Neuroscience
Elementary Lesson – Your Fantastic Elastic Brain Read-Along
- After listening to the story, answer the following questions: What happens when you learn something new? According to the story, what are the benefits of making mistakes?
- Draw a picture of the benefits of making mistakes.
- Bonus: Make a comic strip about learning something new and how mistakes help your brain to grow.
Secondary Lesson – Growth Mindset
- Think of someone you know with a growth mindset. What is their name?
- What have they done or accomplished that reminds you that they DO have a growth mindset.
- What do you think got them to this point of success in how they handle challenges?