Daily SEL Lesson – Growing Your Empathy 5/26
Welcome Back to the CLS Daily SEL lessons! Due to your incredible feedback, we’ve decided to keep posting daily lessons, Monday through Friday until June 12. It is our hope that these continue to be helpful in giving children the needed skills to improve mental health and social-emotional skills.
This week we are focusing on Empathy. Merriam-Webster.com defines empathy as “the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner.“
Thank you and we hope that this is helpful for you and your family.
Weekly Focus: Empathy
- Watch the video and answer the following questions:
- What does empathy mean to you?
- Think of Someone you know who is suffering and list 2 thing you could do to show them you care.
- Define empathy.
- Think of someone you know right now who is suffering in some way.
- What can you do to make their day better today? Write them a note, card, or compose a long text to send.