Daily SEL Lesson – Holding Happiness 5/8
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
This week we are focusing on gratitude. Did you know that developing a gratitude practice can boost happiness? Check out the lessons this week to learn more.
We would also like to invite you to provide feedback about our lessons. At the end of the lessons is a link to a quick survey. Please help us design lessons that best meet your needs.
Thank you and we hope this are helpful to you and your family.
Weekly Focus: Happiness
Elementary Lesson – Kids Talk Happiness
Media: Video –
- Watch the video.
- Define what happiness means to you.
- Make a poster about happiness and decorate it.
Secondary Lesson – Hardwiring Happiness
Media: Video –
- Watch this 13 minute video and take notes on “aha moments” for you. “Aha moments” are things that you relate to…an example he gives reminds you of yourself or an experience you had or someone you know experienced. It can also mean something you just learned and now you really get it.
- Write down 3 “Aha Moments” you garnered (took away, learned) from Rick’s presentation.
- Now…really think about it…when you have an aha moment, it means you are really paying attention…really focusing. This is being MINDFUL right? This is being in the MOMENT right?
We invite you to take a quick moment and give us feedback about these lessons and how they are being used. Just follow the link below.
Thank you for joining us for a week of lessons related to happiness. We hope you will join us next week for another group of SEL lessons!