Daily SEL Lesson – Holding Happiness 5/7
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
This week we are focusing on gratitude. Did you know that developing a gratitude practice can boost happiness? Check out the lessons this week to learn more.
We would also like to invite you to provide feedback about our lessons. At the end of the lessons is a link to a quick survey. Please help us design lessons that best meet your needs.
Thank you and we hope this are helpful to you and your family.
Weekly Focus: Happiness
Elementary Lesson – A Very Happy Brain
Media: Video –
- Watch the video and answer the questions:
- What make a brain unhappy?
- What makes a brain happy?
- What are the benefits of a happy brian?
- Make a list of at least five ways to make your brain happy.
Secondary Lesson – Traits of Successful People
Media: Video –
- Watch the Ted Talk video.
- As you watch it, take notes and record new learnings you discovered.
- List the 8 Traits of Successful people (according to Richard St. John)
- Make a poster showing the various traits.
We invite you to take a quick moment and give us feedback about these lessons and how they are being used. Just follow the link below.
Thank you! Join us tomorrow for one more lesson related to happiness and optimism.