Daily SEL Lesson – Holding Happiness 5/5
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
This week we are focusing on gratitude. Did you know that developing a gratitude practice can boost happiness? Check out the lessons this week to learn more.
We would also like to invite you to provide feedback about our lessons. At the end of the lessons is a link to a quick survey. Please help us design lessons that best meet your needs.
Thank you and we hope this are helpful to you and your family.
Weekly Focus: Happiness
Elementary Lesson – Brené Brown Talks about Empathy
Media: Video –
- According to the video, what is empathy, sympathy and compassion?
- List three important things you learned from the video.
- Bonus questions: How does empathy relate to happiness?
Secondary Lesson – What Scientists Say About Happiness
Media: Video –
- Watch the video and answer the following:
- How is happiness and compassion being studied by scientists
- What is an important message in the video?
We invite you to take a quick moment and give us feedback about these lessons and how they are being used. Just follow the link below.
Thank you! Join us tomorrow for more lessons related to happiness and optimism.