Daily SEL Lesson – Growth Mindset 4/16
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
We hope that the lessons are helpful to you and your children.
Weekly Focus: Growth Mindset
Elementary Lesson – The Magic of Mistakes
Media: Video – http://vid.ly/8c1n7n
- Click on the link and watch the video.
- Answer the questions below:
- How did Mojo feel when he could not build the robot?
- How would you feel if you were like Mojo and struggled to build the robot?
- How can mistakes be a good thing?
- Draw a picture that illustrates how mistakes. can be helpful
Secondary Lesson – Embrace the Shake Video
Media: Video –
- Watch the video. The doctor told this man when he was younger that he had a brain condition that would keep his hand shaking no matter what..so he embraced the shake and became an artist.
- Describe his mindset. Is it fixed? Is it growth?
- What have you learned from this video?
- What can you embrace about yourself and turn it into something positive? Write a one page explanation. Be personal. Be creative.
Join us tomorrow for one more lesson on developing a growth mindset.