Daily SEL Lesson – Growth Mindset 4/15
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
We hope that the lessons are helpful to you and your children.
Weekly Focus: Growth Mindset
Elementary Lesson – The Growth Mindset Song
Media: Video –
- Watch the video. What are all of the positive phrases you can think of that would help remind you to keep trying. Examples include “I can do it”, “I will learn it”, “Keep trying”, etc
- Make a list of positive phrases to help you remember to “keep trying” on cards. Write one phrase on each card.
- Decorate the cards. Refer back to them whenever you are stuck.
Secondary Lesson – Power of Yet! with Sesame Street
Media: Video –
- Watch the video.
- If you were going to show this video to a child under the age of 10 (sibling, friend, or neighbor) who would you show/share it with?
- How would you describe the Power of YET to your parents?Remember that when you teach someone something…you learn it better yourself. Make a plan to tell your parents or caregivers tonight about the Power of YET.
- What was your parents’ reaction?
- How did you feel teaching the Power of Yet to another person? Explain.
Join us tomorrow for another growth mindset lesson.