Daily SEL Lesson – Building Emotional Literacy 4/6
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
We hope that the lessons are helpful to you and your children.
Weekly Focus: Self-Awareness
Elementary Lesson – Strengthen Your Focus
Media: Video –
- Building your self-awareness helps with focus. Watch the video above and answer the questions below:
- What did you like about the exercise?
- What did you notice about your focus and attention during this activity?
- When could you use this activity during your day?
- List five (5) using your focus can help you.
Secondary Lesson – Mindfulness for Stress Relief
Media: Video –
- Self-awareness begins with being aware of the present moment. Watch the video above and take a 15 minute break to practice your mindfulness skills
- Attempt to keep your eyes closed and truly focus on just your breath and notice sounds as the narrator speaks. It is ideal to practice quiet Mindfulness sitting every day to decrease stress, increase gray matter in your brain, and develop a pause in your life when making decisions.
- In this video the narrator will ask you often to let go of past and future thoughts…to just be in this moment.
- Practice this exercise throughout the week.
Join us tomorrow for another lesson focused on self-awareness and emotional literacy.