Daily SEL Lesson – Mindset Matters 3/23
Welcome to the CLS Daily SEL lesson. Each day, Monday through Friday, we will provide a new social-emotional learning lesson designed to build emotional intelligence and resilience. There will be a lesson for elementary students and a lesson for secondary students that include media (videos, audios, or text) and simple step-by-step instructions.
We hope that the lessons are helpful to you and your children.
Weekly Focus: Neuroscience
Elementary Lesson – Your Brain is Like A Muscle – Class Dojo Lesson
Media: Video – http://vid.ly/3c0x2k
- After watching the video, think about how Mojo felt and his learning challenges. Identify one way you have felt like Mojo.
- List 5 things that can make your brain stronger
- Make a poster to illustrate how your brain can get stronger.
Secondary Lesson – What Is Neuroplasticity?
Media: Video –
- After watching the video, consider a time when you rewired your brain. You may not have known it at the time, but you now know that it it is possible to go from non-learner to learner.
- List 5 activities you have mastered since you were born. (Hint: reading)
- List 5 new activities you would like to master.
- Make a poster illustrating both.
See you tomorrow for our next lesson!