The Importance of Self-Care
During this time of uncertainty and fear, many of you are stepping up to help kids (your students and your own), parents and others. As you busily help others, it is easy to forget to take care of yourself.
We developed an infographic to help you remember that prioritizing self-care is not just a good idea, it is a must in times of crisis!
Download the infographic for yourself, and share it with friends!
- Stay healthy. Be safe.
- Ask Alexa to play your favorite tune…and then dance, or move your shoulders, or simply reflect on why this song is so meaningful to you. Music heals and refreshes us!
- Stand at the window, raise your arms overhead, and take a deep breath in…slowly let your arms down, breathing out—Try it 10 more times. Then go back to your natural breath and let your smile out. Feel the calm!
- Close your eyes and dedicate this moment to someone you care about deeply. Wish them happiness, wellness, safety, and love. Compassion heals!
- Compose a thankful text to a colleague, a client, a parent, a friend, a sibling, a student, a neighbor. Let humankind ripple out!
- Fill your awe bucket today… by noticing the sweet eyes of your pet, the smile on a child, the moving cloud overhead, the framed photo of your parents, the sparkle of wet leaves on the tree outside, the laughter in the room, the skill of the person making a meal, the beautiful patterns in nature. Practicing awe moments increases our wellness!